A Different Approach For Weight Management & Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
After a long struggle with skipped periods, weight gain, and hair growing where you don’t want it, and falling out where you want it, you’ve finally been diagnosed with Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS).
Now you’re hearing phrases like “greater risk for diabetes,” “increased androgen levels,” “cardiovascular events.”
You probably were also told that living a healthy lifestyle (eating right, exercising, managing stress) is your best bet for successfully managing PCOS and losing weight. In other words, all the things you’ve been trying to do without success in the past.
We Help Women Make Healthy Lifestyle Changes That Matter
For decades, we’ve worked exclusively with women struggling with many of the same lifestyle changes that can make a big difference in your ability to live well with PCOS.
Enjoy Eating Healthy Foods
- Learn how to eat what you want while supporting your body nutritionally to better manage PCOS and achieve a healthy weight.
- Manage carbohydrate cravings, to move away from feelings of restriction and deprivation that cause you to overeat.
Become (& Stay) Active
- Understand why your body responds differently to exercise because you have PCOS, and how to optimize your physical activity to get the greatest benefit.
- Experience a wide variety of physical activities, from walking, hiking and snowshoeing to strength training and Zumba, to help you find what you enjoy, and learn recommended modifications for PCOS.
Manage Stress Effectively
- Find new ways to talk to yourself, to calm yourself in moments of stress and to boost your body image and self esteem.
- Practice living in the moment through mindfulness, to help you better appreciate and enjoy your life, rather than living with anxiety about your diagnosis.
Get the Help You Need
Join us at Green Mountain to learn how to manage PCOS. We can help you make healthy living something you want to do rather than feel you have to do.
Questions? We can help.
800.448.8106 or 802.228.8885