Vendors and websites for clothing for larger women
- Igigi – this brand is sometimes available in specialty boutiques, but mainly online
- Kiyonna – online only, gorgeous dresses and workwear
- Torrid – trendy and a little edgy
- SWAK – basics and some trends
- Nordstrom – a bit of everything. Shop the sales!
- Alloy – select “extended sizes,” up to size 25/XXXL only, but also features inseams up to 37″ on most pants.
- ASOS Curve – go to women/curve. Trendy, affordable, some great basics.
- Rachel Pally White Label – drapey jersey knits. Expensive but gorgeous. Also check Zappos, Nordstrom, Bloomingdale’s
- Eileen Fisher – at Nordstrom, Macy’s, etc. Extremely expensive, but great quality.
- Monif C – mostly convertible dresses and swimwear
- Talbots – and in many major malls, includes petite plus. Great for suiting.
- Land’s End – and some outlets, includes petite plus, tall plus, and a great selection of bathing suits
- Bare Necessities – includes bras up to 54H
- Junonia – activewear
- We Love Colors – colorful (and neutral) tights
- Lucie Lu – great selection of trendy jackets, t-shirts, skirts and dresses
- Evans USA – a diverse selection of stylish clothes and lingerie from this UK retailer
- J.Jill – this retailer offers abundant choices. On the high-end, but very lovely.
Blogs on Clothing for Larger Women
- Le Blog de Big Beauty – a French woman with impeccable style
Curvy Girl Chic – does trends beautifully
Fashion for Giants – Gracey is 6′ tall AND plus sized
Frocks and Frou Frou – vintage sensibilities
Gabifresh – trendy, outspoken, and great style
Girl with Curves – simple, classic looks
Life & Style of Jessica Kane – lots of professional, work-appropriate looks and inspiring stories to boot.
Manolo for the Big Girl – more discussion than inspiration, but a fabulous read
Nicolette Mason – New York City and high-fashion
Pashteit – sweet and ladylike
The Snug Bug – Patty’s site is mostly about sewing, but if you want outfits go right to that URL.
The Style Climber – mix of trendy and classic
Wardrobe Oxygen – Alison is full-figured, not plus, but provides loads of fabulous inspiration and advice.
List compiled with the help of Sally McGraw — www.AlreadyPretty.com
Image courtesy of Nordstrom