“But I Want to Lose Weight!” Helping Clients Shift Their Focus from Weight to Well-Being for Improved Outcomes
Thursday, November 30 – Saturday, December 2, 2017 Sold Out
Thursday, February 8 – Saturday, February 10, 2018
Continuing Education Training for Health Professionals
You know diets don’t work. But do you know what does work for clients who struggle with weight, overeating, emotional overeating, and binge eating?
Based on our four-decade old program for women, this weekend can revolutionize the way you work with clients to help them:
- Transform their relationship with food and their bodies.
- Adopt sustainable health-supportive eating, movement, and self-care practices.
- Move toward mindful well-being free of diet restrictions and the diet mentality.
|Presentations include (see presenters below):|
|Separating Weight from Health: Looking at Weight Bias and Redefining “Healthy Weight”||The Science of Mindfulness: A Proven Tool for Achieving and Maintaining a Healthy Lifestyle|
|Mindful Eating: A Pathway for Cultivating Body and Appetite Cue Awareness||Therapeutic Approaches for the Treatment of Binge and Emotional Eating|
|Understanding Emotional & Binge Eating||Body Neutrality: Building Body Confidence|
|Minding Our Thoughts:
Engaging in Self-Compassion for Optimal Self-Care
|Mindful Movement for Improved Body Awareness, Self-Regulation, and Body Respect|
|The Science Behind Changing Health Behaviors||Nutrition Education Through the Non-Diet Lens|
|Helping Your Clients Navigate the Process of Changing Behaviors: A Case Analysis|
Continuing Education Credits have been approved as follows:
- Registered Dietitians – 9 Continuing Professional Education Hours
- Psychologists* – 9 Continuing Education Credits
*Green Mountain at Fox Run is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Green Mountain at Fox Run maintains responsibility for this program and its content. Intermediate level activity.
“Green Mountain approaches eating and weight in a manner that considers the entire person, body and mind, in an atmosphere of acceptance and health. Spending time here is truly an investment in you and your quality of life.”
– Chevese Turner, Founder / CEO, Binge Eating Disorder Association
Participants will be able to:
- Explain why focusing on weight and weight loss can interfere with the ability to improve health-related behaviors.
- Describe benefits of mindfulness for changing eating behavior and improving health outcomes.
- Identify strategies for helping clients engage in self-identification and self-regulation behaviors to more effectively manage food and eating related challenges.
- Identify strategies for helping clients practice self-compassion and improve self-care.
- Identify strategies for helping clients overcome obstacles to behavior change and sustain health-supportive eating and movement practices.
$99 Registration Fee, includes continuing education credits.
Non-refundable after January 18, 2018. Registration fee applies to all.
Women may stay at the retreat center in double ($295) or triple ($195) rooms, or we can help you find local accommodations ($65 for meal only).
Please Note: Women enrolling for our Professional Weekends should call to reserve. Program Advisors are available 7 days a week at 802-228-8885.
Questions? We can help.