THINGS TO DO IN VERMONT
The number one thing to do in Vermont is to open your eyes and look around you. Known for its gorgeous scenery, just being here to take it all in is something people travel around the world to do. Green Mountain at Fox Run is nestled on 26 acres of private woodlands. There’s no better way to find yourself at peace than to escape to this breathtaking natural setting.
Because we’re open year-round, you’ll be dazzled in all four seasons. Winter offers brilliant blue skies and the glisten of fresh snowfall. In spring, enjoy the eruption of flowering new life and rushing rivers. Summer boasts lush green mountains and cool, refreshing lakes. And, of course, it goes without saying that our fall foliage is truly magnificent — no wonder it’s world-renowned.
ENJOY SHOPPING, EXPLORING, OR THE PERFORMING ARTS?
Nearby Weston features excellent summer stock. Vermont is also home to the renowned Bread and Puppet Theater, which takes place each August.
If you enjoy shopping for antiques, Vermont is the best. The charming town of Woodstock is teeming with galleries, arts, and local crafts. And if you’re a fan of outlet shopping, Manchester can’t be beat. Perhaps the best way to spend your free time is simply driving around the countryside, shopping here and there to explore all of Vermont’s attractions. Farmer’s markets, auctions, town and village festivals on the Green, thousands of antique shops and craft fairs and centers are all part of the allure of magical Vermont.
To help participants experience the beauty of Vermont, we’ve partnered with a local touring travel organization to schedule weekly Sunday outings to some of the attractions you see below.
- Dorset Playhouse
- Fletcher Farm – school of arts & crafts with gallery
- Northern Stage, Killington
- Paramount Theatre, Rutland
- The Weston Playhouse – summer theater
- Southern Vermont Arts Festival
- The Hood Museum of Art
- Bread and Puppet Theatre
- Warren Kimble Gallery
- Vermont Open Studio Weekends
- Basin Bluegrass Festival
- Craftsbury Antiques & Uniques Festival
- Killington Music Festival
- Marlboro Music Festival
- Quechee Hot Air Balloon Festival
- Stowe Oktoberfest
- Vermont Festival of Arts
- Vermont Mozart Festival
- Washington County Fair
Parks & Outdoor Recreation
- Appalachian Mountain Trail (hiking)
- Camp Plymouth State Park (canoeing/kayaking)
- Calvin Coolidge State Park (hiking)
- Marsh-Billings-Rockefeller National Historical Park (free public programs)
- President Calvin Coolidge State Historic Site
- Quechee Gorge (Vermont’s “little” GrandCanyon)
- Vermont’s Long Trail
- Vermont Country Store
- Manchester Designer Outlets
Other Vermont Attractions
- Covered Bridges
- Fall Foliage Drives
- Ludlow/Okemo Area Chamber of Commerce
- Vermont Life – Online Magazine
- Vermont.com – Events, Travel, Entertainment
Questions? We can help.
800.448.8106 or 802.228.8885