Don’t Tell Me It’s Over! –
I love getting a massage. Yet, I’m always surprised to learn how many women have never had a real massage. Often times (certainly not always), this reaction to massage is due to issues around self and size acceptance. Most of us spend a lot of time and consideration disguising our lumps and bumps, only to visit a perfect stranger, disrobe (you don’t have to by the way), and let them go where no man has gone before – even if you’ve begged him to!
If legitimate shyness is keeping you from having one of the most wonderful experiences in your life…
- Massage reduces stress
- Massage provides general relaxation
- Massage reduces muscle tension throughout the body
- Massage can relieve acute and chronic pain
- Massage can promote recovery from muscle fatigue and from minor aches and pains
- Massage reduces swelling
- Massage improves blood circulation
- Massage can increase oxygen capacity of the blood
- Massage induces better lymph movement
- Massage can increase mobility and range of motion of joints
- Massage stimulates or soothes the nervous system
- Massage can enhance the condition of the skin
- Massage can assist with better digestion and intestinal function
- Massage can aid in improving physical health and the quality of life
- Massage feels really GOOD!
There are other benefits you can receive from regular massage. You can also get more information about massage, therapies, techniques and what to expect from a credited massage therapist at The American Massage Therapy Association (AMTA).