Here at Green Mountain, we encourage intrinsic exercise, being active because it is something you want to do, not something you should do. Both of our fitness interns, Shannon and Lindsey, are Georgia natives and are psyched for the warmer weather. Not surprisingly, they find it a lot more enjoyable to exercise outdoors when the temperature begins to rise!
Below, they’ve included some of their favorite warm-weather activities and online resources to help you start exercising outdoors and keep it going:
- Take walks through neighborhoods you’ve always wanted to see. Try Map My Walk to track your activity and find new routes.
- Get your creative juices flowing and set up an outdoor scavenger hunt for your kids or family and friends while you’re camping, at the beach, or at farmers’ markets! Scavenger-hunt-guru.com is a great place to start!
- Try learning a new sport popular among all ages, like tennis or golf. Check out USTA.com and GolfLink.com to help you find leagues or courses in your area.
- Put on your hiking boots and hit the trail. Check out Meetup.com to find a hiking group.
- Sign up for a local 5k or fun walk/run. The website Active.com will help you find runs or other events around you.
- Get the bike rack ready and head to a nearby bike path, but don’t forget your helmet. Explore TrailLink.com to find bike paths near you.
Remember, finding the fun is key to making exercise fun and something you want to incorporate into your life long-term. We hope you enjoy all of the above warm-weather activities as much as we do here at Green Mountain at Fox Run!
Tell us, what’s your fave warm-weather activity?