How often do you actually get to learn from someone who gets it?
Often speakers and “experts” are well versed in one side of a situation – in our context: treatment, whereas they haven’t been in your shoes suffering a similar affliction.
Finding an “expert” that has really been where you are and found a way to overcome the obstacles that you’re facing is rare, but so much more powerful.
One of those people for us heading our binge & emotional eating recovery team is Dr. Kari Anderson.
Kari has been an expert in her field for over 25 years serving in positions from therapist to clinical director and executive administrator for eating disorder treatment centers around the country, as well as her own private practice.
She’s serves on the board of directors for ANAD (Anorexia Nervosa & Associated Disorders) and on the certification committee for IAEDP (International Association of Eating Disorder Professionals).
And she’s done all of this after recovering from Binge Eating Disorder.
“I once read the quote, ‘people don’t care how much you know until they know how much you care.’ That’s me. It’s not business… it’s personal.” – Dr. Kari Anderso
All of that to say Kari will be leading two webinars over the next couple weeks:
- Binge & Emotional Eating 101: Understanding Binge Eating
- Keys to Effective Treatment for Binge Eating Disorder (for health professionals)
Binge & Emotional Eating 101: Understanding Binge Eating
Tuesday October 20, 7PM Eastern Time
This webinar will arm you with the information you need to understand binge and emotional eating, and what the options are as related to overcoming struggles with binge and emotional eating.
You’ll leave the webinar with answers to these questions:
- What is Binge Eating Disorder (BED) and how is it related to Emotional Overeating?
- How is BED different from other eating disorders and overeating?
- How do you get BED?
- How can you recover from BED and Emotional Overeating?
Keys to Effective Treatment for Binge Eating Disorder for Health Professionals
Tuesday October 27, 7PM Eastern Time
During this webinar for behavioral health and nutrition professionals, Kari will discuss the fundamental principles of Binge Eating Disorder and BED treatment, as well as how the Green Mountain at Fox Run treatment approach can help your clients and practice.
The webinar will answer these questions, and more:
- What is Binge Eating Disorder (BED)? (Overview)
- What is the role of binge eating in patients lives – what do they gain by binge eating?
- What makes BED different from other eating disorders – and how does that effect treatment?
- What type of environment, support, and emphasis is important during BED treatment?
- What is the Green Mountain at Fox Run approach to BED treatment, and how can our program assist you and your clients?
We’ll be sure to leave time during the webinars and at the end for any questions that arise during the sessions to make sure you have the answers you need to take an actionable step forward for either yourself, your practice, or your clients.
So join us October 20th and/or October 27th, to explore concepts and gain knowledge you or your clients can use to understand and recover from challenges around binge and emotional eating.