Ok, you know we weren’t going to support any ‘tricks or secrets’ – especially where womens weight loss advice is concerned. ‘Dieting’ – not being the most popular term around these parts. But, after reading this week’s US Weekly cover story, I was bemused to find the following quotes:
Diet ‘tricks’ straight to you from celebrity women who apparently know a thing or two about tricking!
“Oprah Winfrey tells US she ate green soup and almonds for weeks so she could fit into her Vera Wang gown.” – US Weekly
– A raise of hands from those who believe Oprah can still fit into that gown?
“I like to pick, so it never feels like I’m really eating”. – Kelly Ripa
– And feeling like you’re eating is a bad thing, why exactly??
“If you’re serious about not gaining weight during the holiday, bring a container of fruit to parties.” – Cameron Shayne, fitness trainer to stars like Courtney Cox.
– I wonder if that container of fruit comes in regular or evening Tupperware.
“I feel the holiday’s already. I try and go to the gym when I can and skip a few meals.” – Shannon Elizabeth
– Now that’s sound advice! I know skipping meals has always worked for me long term!
“On Thanksgiving none of the food is good for you.” – Hillary Duff
– Ok, she’s only 19.
Hollywood gals who get our thumbs up!
“Don’t eat too much, but eat everything you want!” – Julianna Margulies
– Now there’s a woman with a beautiful head on her shoulders!
“You want to be able to have pumpkin pie. It is a festive occasion, who wants to be bitter because someone is having bread and you’re not?” – Garcelle Beauvais-Nilson
– Bread and just about anything else!
“I think you can eat whatever you want…in moderation” – Alyssa Milano
– Who’s the boss? You are Alyssa!
Happy Turkey Day! (And everything that you desire that goes along with it!)