>Need a last-minute idea for a holiday gathering?
This salad makes a wonderful center piece. You can serve it family or buffet style and allow guests to serve themselves or you could toss it table side and serve it to everyone. Cheers!
- 2 pounds mixed greens, ready to serve
- 1 beet
- 1 golden beet
- 1 pack asparagus
- 1 red pepper
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup chopped fresh cranberries
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds
- extra virgin olive oil
- red wine vinegar
- balsamic vinegar glaze*
- fresh herbs
- cracked black pepper
- Find a large round platter and place a bowl or torte ring in the center while you build the salad.
- Place the greens around the bowl and build them as high as you can.
- Slice the red beets and cut them into stars. Slice the golden beets and cut them into diamonds.
- Place the asparagus in 5 separate groups around the salad. Place the tomatoes next to the asparagus.
- Sprinkle with fresh cranberries and pomegranate seeds.
- Make a bow out of the red pepper and place at the six o’clock position.
- Remove the bowl or torte ring from the center, taking care to keep the center clear.
- Sprinkle oil and vinegar in the center. Drizzle balsamic vinegar glaze in the center.
- Sprinkle all with fresh herbs and cracked black pepper.
- *Balsamic vinegar glaze is found in the grocery store with the vinegars. It is a syrup made by reducing balsamic vinegar with sugar. It is thick and can be drizzled in the center of the plate. You can omit this ingredient and just add a little more red wine vinegar.
Recipe courtesy of foodandhealth.com