If you are a fan of seafood or vegetables this is the meal for your healthy lifestyle, but even if you’re not – try it! Seafood Stew is a healthy recipe that can be served with boiled yucca or you can top it off with some fresh fruit! Freeze any leftovers (if there are any) and enjoy it later.
Makes 10 servings
- 6 cups water
- 10 oz. white wine
- 3 celery stalks, chopped
- 3 medium carrots, chopped
- 1 pound large shrimp, washed
- 1 pound crayfish
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 medium red pepper, chopped
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 4 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano
- 1 pound sea bass, cut into chunks
- 1 pound small squid, cleaned and sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large, non-aluminum saucepan, stir together the water, white wine, celery, and carrots. Bring
to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the shrimp and crayfish and simmer
for 3 to 4 minutes. Strain the shellfish and vegetables
from the broth and set the broth aside. Peel the crayfish and shrimp and discard the shells.
- Warm the olive oil in the large saucepan
over medium-high heat. Cook the onions and peppers until
tender, about 6 minutes. Stir in the tomatoes, tomato paste, thyme and oregano. Add the reserved broth and bring to a simmer.
- Stir in the sea bass and squid and simmer for 2 minutes. Return the crayfish, shrimp and vegetables
to the broth and simmer for 1 more minute. Season to taste,
ladle into bowls, and serve immediately.