This year is flying by! One more week and taxes will be just a distant memory. Then, before we know it, it will be Mother’s Day. Usually Mother’s Day is celebrated by allowing mom to relax and refrain from her motherly duties for just one day, but what about the rest of the year? A girl needs a little love and care everyday, doesn’t she? Think about it, when is the last time you really had a great time with your mom, or your daughter or with your sister?
• Discover familial, historical and cultural influences that affect how we as women feel about our bodies and, therefore, how we take care of them. The mother-daughter relationship is the earliest and most significant influence.
• Explore more deeply the complex ways in which food and body shape/size impact women of all ages today.
• If you’re the mother of a college-age daughter who struggles with eating and eating disorders, you can learn how to be supportive, to make a big difference for your daughter who is under much more pressure to ‘be thin’ for today’s standards of beauty.
• Enjoy adventures together – just like you used to. Hike forested New England trails, or try Pilates or yoga for the very first time.
• Learn new ways to take care of yourself and each other. At the end of the day, pamper yourself with any assortment of spa treatments.
Enrollment is limited. For more information, call Gina or Amy at (800) 448-8106 or (802) 228-8885 – M-F, 9am-5pm EST. You can also register on line to reserve your spot now. Make sure to mention Mother-Daughter Month in the ‘Special Comments’ section.