One of our most popular gluten free recipes that is enjoyed by all (those who do and don’t eat gluten) is our gluten free sesame cheddar cracker recipe. These can be made up in large batches and kept in a tightly sealed container for up to a week. If stored in the freezer, you may want to re-crisp them in a toaster oven before servings for improved texture. The secret to making these delicious crackers is making sure to roll the dough very thin before baking.
Gluten Free Sesame Cheddar Crackers
- 2 1/4 cups brown rice flour
- 2/3 cup sorghum flour
- 2/3 cup tapioca flour
- 2/3 cup cornstarch
- 2/3 cup cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 1/4 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 1/2 tablespoons onion powder
- 1/2 cup sesame seeds
- 2/3 cup canola oil
- ~2 cups water
- Whisk together sifted flours and spices.
- In a food processor, gently process the cheese until it’s finely crumbled.
- Combine cheese, oil, and most of the water; then stir this mixture into the flour mixture. The dough should be moist but not sticky, so add the remaining water as needed to get the right consistency.
- Flour a flat surface with corn starch and flatten out the dough.
- Sprinkle cornstarch on top and cover with parchment.
- Using a rolling pin flaten to about 1/8 inch thick.
- Arrange on parchment lined sheet pan.
- Bake at 350 for about 12-15 minutes.
Have you tried any of our other gluten free recipes? If so, which did you like?