Green Mountain at Fox Run is a women-only health and wellness retreat, located in Ludlow Vermont, that seeks to empower women to live healthier, more fulfilling lives, free of weight worries, through a mindfulness-based approach to eating, moving, and living. Our nutrition and culinary programs teach women how to truly nourish their bodies in a way that is enjoyable and health-supportive.
During the internship experience, students will have the opportunity to fully immerse themselves in the Green Mountain program, attending lectures and activities, to gain a true understanding of the program philosophy and participant experience. They will work directly with the Chef and Dietitian to assist with implementation of all aspects of the culinary program, from menu planning to meal service.
Throughout their experience, students will have the opportunity to work with a diverse team of highly trained culinary, nutrition, fitness, and behavioral professionals.
The culinary intern will be responsible for fulfilling all front-of-house and back-of-house duties associated with weekly culinary schedule, including breakfast, lunch, snack, and dinner preparation and service.
Front of house responsibilities include:
- Washing and setting tables for meal service prior to each meal and snack time.
- Cleaning dining room between meals.
- Ensuring that dining room is always stocked and ready for service (stocking extra dishware, glassware, cutlery, napkins, and refilling fruit bowls and condiments).
- Preparing and replenishing breakfast items during breakfast shifts (food and beverages).
- Preparing and replenishing salad bar items and beverages during lunch and dinner service.
- Presenting lunch meals, ensuring special meals for participants with dietary restrictions are clearly marked.
- Serving dinner meals to participants seated in the dining room, ensuring participants with dietary restrictions receive the appropriate meals.
- Being available to answer participant questions about meals.
- Accommodating participant special or alternative meal requests during meal times.
- Preparing, monitoring, and replenishing evening snack items, as scheduled.
- Complete all necessary tasks as indicated on the Waitstaff Daily Checklist.
Back of house responsibilities include:
- Following the provided 4-week cycle menu and standardized recipes, prepare breakfast, lunch, and dinner meals, as well as afternoon snack, as scheduled for participants and staff.
- Plating meals in a way that is visually appealing, always appears adequate in quantity, and is in accordance with GMFR nutrition framework.
- Accommodating dietary restrictions for participants when preparing meals by incorporating an appropriate substitution.
- Attending to participant requests for meal substitutions, alterations, or additional food in a timely manner, at all meal times.
- Assisting chef and dietitian with menu planning and development of new recipes to add to the menu rotation, as needed.
- Assisting chef and culinary staff with inventory and product ordering, as needed.
- Assisting culinary staff with unloading and putting away food deliveries using proper storage techniques.
- Washing and putting away all pots, pans, glassware, dishware, and cutlery at the end of each assigned meal service shift.
Other responsibilities include:
- Assisting chef and/or dietitian with culinary demonstrations or cooking classes – including preparing content, prepping ingredients, creating and copying recipes, and creating handouts.
- Collaborating on culinary and nutrition staff on the development of new culinary-themed workshops or experiential learning activities for participants.
- Providing exceptional customer service at all times.
- Following Department of Health regulations at all times.
Responsibilities if receiving room and board:
- Provide On-Call hours of up to 20 hours per week in addition to regularly scheduled internship responsibilities. During scheduled On-Call hours the intern must be:
- Onsite, either inside or outside the building and on grounds;
- Reachable by cellphone at all times;
- Able to assist with participant or building issues as they emerge including medical, police, or fire emergencies (e.g., transporting a client to the ER, walk-in clinic and/or working with professional staff to resolve the emergency).
- $1500 stipend, paid out in even distributions on the 15th and 30th of the month during course of the internship
- Term of internship: eleven to twelve weeks
- Full room and board for female applicants will be provided if needed. In exchange for full room and board, intern will provide On-Call hours of approximately 20 hours per week.
- Senior status in Culinary Arts, Culinary Nutrition or related field with 1+ year(s) professional kitchen/restaurant experience.
- ServSafe Sanitation Certification.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
Please contact, Jennifer Baxter – Director of Finance & Administration, at 802-228-8885 if interested in this internship opportunity or e-mail resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Green Mountain at Fox Run in Ludlow Vermont empowers women to lead healthier, more fulfilling lives, free of weight worries, through a proven and sustainable mindfulness-based approach to eating, moving, and living.
Green Mountain at Fox Run is hiring for a year-round part-time server/dishwasher/busser/food preparation for late afternoon into evening shift. We offer a competitive hourly rate and a pleasant working environment. Kitchen experience preferred and helpful, but we will also train the right individual. Please contact Laurie or Martin at 802-228-8885 to schedule an interview OR drop into Green Mountain at Fox Run and complete an application. We are located at 262 Fox Lane in Ludlow, VT.
Job Type: Non-Exempt, Part-time, 4:30-8:30 pm
Compensation: $11.00-14.00 per hour, depending on experience
- High school or equivalent
- Commercial Kitchen experience
- Restaurant serving
- Experience with commercial kitchen appliances: dishwasher, range, oven
- Free of weight bias
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to Jennifer@fitwoman.com.
Internship: Exercise Science / Physiology / Kinesiology / Fitness Specialist
Since 1973, Green Mountain at Fox Run has provided challenging, active internship programs for exceptional candidates. We are a nationally renowned, professionally directed, non-diet weight loss and wellness program exclusively for women. Our client population consists of women from college-age to retirement-age, all at varying fitness levels, who are seeking to make serious changes in their eating, activity, and health/lifestyle behaviors. Our program has been featured in over 2,000 media pieces for its innovative, first-of-a-kind, non-diet approach and lifestyle model for long-term weight management.
Our interns work with a multidisciplinary team of registered dietitians, exercise physiologists, behavior, stress management, and eating-behavior therapists as well as our Executive Director, who holds a PhD in national biochemistry and metabolism.
Our internship program provides an outstanding hands-on experience in beautiful Ludlow, Vermont. Cycling, hiking (Appalachian & Long Trail), downhill (Okemo, Killington) and cross-country skiing/snowshoeing are minutes from our doorstep. This is the ideal opportunity for the intern who desires an active learning internship experience. This is not an administrative, desk position. Internship positions are available year-round and do include room and board.
The Green Mountain at Fox Run is a women’s only resort, with a fitness internship program that lasts approximately 12 to 16 weeks. The ability to work enthusiastically and discreetly with both a fitness-compromised population is essential. In exchange for room and board, intern is responsible for On-Call hours in the early morning and overnight hours. Interns are required to complete a minimum of one project that will be decided upon by both intern and Fitness Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist Fitness Staff with Group Exercise Instruction – conducting group fitness classes according to the ACSM guidelines
- Assist Fitness Staff with Exercise Modifications – providing exercise alternatives for special populations
- Assist Fitness Staff with Leading Excursions – leading hikes and other outdoor activities on and off-site
- Assist Fitness Staff with Exercise Prescription
- Assist Fitness Staff in production of fitness handouts, bulletin boards and other small administrative tasks
Applicants should be juniors, seniors, or graduates in either Bachelors or Masters Degree programs in Exercise Science, Kinesiology, Health Promotion, Physical Education, and Wellness, or other closely-related field. Applicants must possess the ability to work enthusiastically and discreetly with a fitness-compromised population. Preference will be given to individuals with strong teaching skills in group exercise classes, including strength training, aerobic fitness, water aerobics, recreational fitness, hiking, dance, Zumba, Yoga, Pilates, etc.
- Personal Skills – ability to work with a diverse population with varying levels of health and fitness knowledge and ability. A positive attitude and strong work ethic are a must.
- Leadership Skills – must be comfortable taking on leadership role with clients and functioning as part of the Green Mountain at Fox Run team.
- Group Exercise Certifications – individuals with certifications are preferred but will train the right person.
- Valid driver’s license.
Questions? We can help.