Green Mountain at Fox Run has openings for Resident Advocates that have a preferred educational background in Fitness, Psychology, Nutrition, or Culinary Arts. Green Mountain Alumna welcome.
The Resident Advocate position works closely with our Guest Services team and our Clinical & Programming teams by assisting in the development and fulfillment of our evening and weekend programming services. The Resident Advocate also serves as our after-hours and on-call support for all guest service needs and is our first response team for the safety and care of our participants.
This is a minimum four-month resident position that provides, in addition to full room and board, paid part-time hours with earnings up to $300 a week. This is a part-time paid employee position with full-time resident requirement. Scheduled hours will be shared with two Resident Advocates for the hours of work from Monday through Friday, 4:00 p.m. to 10:30 p.m. and Saturday & Sunday 5:00-10:30 pm. In addition, there are unpaid On-Call hours on a rotating basis throughout the week. Current openings beginning in May and September.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to Jennifer@fitwoman.com.
Green Mountain at Fox Run in Ludlow Vermont empowers women to lead healthier, more fulfilling lives, free of weight worries, through a proven and sustainable mindfulness-based approach to eating, moving, and living.
Green Mountain at Fox Run is hiring for a year-round part-time server/dishwasher/busser/food preparation for late afternoon into evening shift. We offer a competitive hourly rate and a pleasant working environment. Kitchen experience preferred and helpful, but we will also train the right individual. Please contact Laurie or Martin at 802-228-8885 to schedule an interview OR drop into Green Mountain at Fox Run and complete an application. We are located at 262 Fox Lane in Ludlow, VT.
Job Type: Non-Exempt, Part-time, 4:30-8:30 pm
Compensation: $11.00-14.00 per hour, depending on experience
- High school or equivalent
- Commercial Kitchen experience
- Restaurant serving
- Experience with commercial kitchen appliances: dishwasher, range, oven
- Free of weight bias
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to Jennifer@fitwoman.com.
Green Mountain at Fox Run is a women-only health and wellness retreat, located in Ludlow Vermont, that seeks to empower women to live healthier, more fulfilling lives, free of weight worries, through a mindfulness-based approach to eating, moving, and living. Our nutrition and culinary programs teach women how to truly nourish their bodies in a way that is enjoyable and health-supportive.
During the internship experience, students will have the opportunity to fully immerse themselves in the Green Mountain program, attending lectures and activities, to gain a true understanding of the program philosophy and participant experience. They will work directly with the Chef and Dietitian to assist with implementation of all aspects of the culinary program, from menu planning to meal service.
Throughout their experience, students will have the opportunity to work with a diverse team of highly trained culinary, nutrition, fitness, and behavioral professionals.
The culinary intern will be responsible for fulfilling all front-of-house and back-of-house duties associated with weekly culinary schedule, including breakfast, lunch, snack, and dinner preparation and service.
Front of house responsibilities include:
- Washing and setting tables for meal service prior to each meal and snack time.
- Cleaning dining room between meals.
- Ensuring that dining room is always stocked and ready for service (stocking extra dishware, glassware, cutlery, napkins, and refilling fruit bowls and condiments).
- Preparing and replenishing breakfast items during breakfast shifts (food and beverages).
- Preparing and replenishing salad bar items and beverages during lunch and dinner service.
- Presenting lunch meals, ensuring special meals for participants with dietary restrictions are clearly marked.
- Serving dinner meals to participants seated in the dining room, ensuring participants with dietary restrictions receive the appropriate meals.
- Being available to answer participant questions about meals.
- Accommodating participant special or alternative meal requests during meal times.
- Preparing, monitoring, and replenishing evening snack items, as scheduled.
- Complete all necessary tasks as indicated on the Waitstaff Daily Checklist.
Back of house responsibilities include:
- Following the provided 4-week cycle menu and standardized recipes, prepare breakfast, lunch, and dinner meals, as well as afternoon snack, as scheduled for participants and staff.
- Plating meals in a way that is visually appealing, always appears adequate in quantity, and is in accordance with GMFR nutrition framework.
- Accommodating dietary restrictions for participants when preparing meals by incorporating an appropriate substitution.
- Attending to participant requests for meal substitutions, alterations, or additional food in a timely manner, at all meal times.
- Assisting chef and dietitian with menu planning and development of new recipes to add to the menu rotation, as needed.
- Assisting chef and culinary staff with inventory and product ordering, as needed.
- Assisting culinary staff with unloading and putting away food deliveries using proper storage techniques.
- Washing and putting away all pots, pans, glassware, dishware, and cutlery at the end of each assigned meal service shift.
Other responsibilities include:
- Assisting chef and/or dietitian with culinary demonstrations or cooking classes – including preparing content, prepping ingredients, creating and copying recipes, and creating handouts.
- Collaborating on culinary and nutrition staff on the development of new culinary-themed workshops or experiential learning activities for participants.
- Providing exceptional customer service at all times.
- Following Department of Health regulations at all times.
Responsibilities if receiving room and board:
- Provide On-Call hours of up to 20 hours per week in addition to regularly scheduled internship responsibilities. During scheduled On-Call hours the intern must be:
- Onsite, either inside or outside the building and on grounds;
- Reachable by cellphone at all times;
- Able to assist with participant or building issues as they emerge including medical, police, or fire emergencies (e.g., transporting a client to the ER, walk-in clinic and/or working with professional staff to resolve the emergency).
- $1500 stipend, paid out in even distributions on the 15th and 30th of the month during course of the internship
- Term of internship: eleven to twelve weeks
- Full room and board for female applicants will be provided if needed. In exchange for full room and board, intern will provide On-Call hours of approximately 20 hours per week.
- Senior status in Culinary Arts, Culinary Nutrition or related field with 1+ year(s) professional kitchen/restaurant experience.
- ServSafe Sanitation Certification.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
Please contact, Jennifer Baxter – Director of Finance & Administration, at 802-228-8885 if interested in this internship opportunity or e-mail resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Psychology Intern / Resident Advocate
Green Mountain at Fox Run is the leading women’s educational and residential weight and wellness program in the Country. We are a nationally and internationally recognized organization of over 45 years, delivering a mindful and balanced approach on women’s health to women from all over the country and world.
Green Mountain at Fox Run has openings for Psychology Interns/Resident Advocates.
This is a minimum ten-week Internship/Resident Advocate position that provides full room and board and educational opportunities to observe and work with our highly trained and experienced therapists and psychologists on site.
- Provide support and service to our resident guests by being available to them
- Develop, Coordinate, and Participate in Successful Group Evening Program activities for Participants
- Assist Director of Clinical and Program Services, as well as the Care Coordinator as needed with community participant concerns
- Be a visible and welcoming presence during the day and evening for a participant to speak to
- Support GMFR staff in ensuring GMFR philosophy on Eating, Moving, and Living is present during program, meals and snack time
- Valid driver’s license with a clean driving record
- CPR and First Aid certification
- 1-year Experience in a resident leader position Preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology or working towards one
- Background check
Position Reports to: Clinical and Program Director
- Shared guest Room accommodations* with another Resident Advocate or Intern and all meals provided
- Outside of internship hours, there is opportunity to work in other areas of the business, depending upon experience, at $15 per hour.
*This internship does not require residency but if residency is selected, then in exchange for full room and board, intern will also provide up to 20 hours a week serving in an On-Call capacity in evenings, weekends, and overnight hours on a rotating basis with other resident staff and interns.
Please contact, Jennifer Baxter – Director of Finance & Administration, at 802-797-4174 if interested in this opportunity or e-mail resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Questions? We can help.