You’ll be pleased to discover that healthy eating never tasted so good! At Green Mountain, we serve balanced low-gluten meals that are carefully prepared with a focus on fresh, local ingredients. About 98% of our dishes are made in-house, from pizza dough to salad dressings, with an emphasis on healthful oils, plenty of vegetables and no refined sugars. Our beef is naturally-raised and grass-fed, chicken is free-range and eggs are cage-free. All our proteins, including tofu and soymilk, come from local New England producers. Produce is organic, when possible, for those items which tend to have a greater pesticide residue.
Gluten-free dishes, also all house-made, are as delicious as our regular menu and available upon request with a slight surcharge. Gluten-free or other special meal plans may also be recommended if you have had an individual nutrition consultation via our Healing with Food program.
This peek at our typical menus shows you how we put it all together.
- Our Breakfast Buffet includes selections such as a 10-grain hot cereal, scrambled eggs with salsa, veggie sausage, waffles, pumpkin seeds and seasonal fruit.
- Lunch features familiar favorites, such as soups, wraps and free-range chicken salad made with a healthful twist, and introduces new whole-grain foods such as millet cheddar cakes and amaranth salad. Asian and Mexican buffets add additional interesting choices.
- Nourishing pick-me-ups such as house-made hummus with veggies, fruit smoothies or the ever popular Green Mountain Truffles satisfy at Snack.
- Dinner showcases satisfying meals of well-seasoned wild or sustainably-farmed fish, locally grown beef, pork or chicken, and always an interesting starch rounded out with a bountiful amount of antioxidant-rich vegetables.
Posted in: Food and Dietary Needs
Latest posts by Alan Wayler (see all)
- Guest Blog & Giveaway: Six Ways to Leave Self-Defeat Behind - 02/28/2013
- Gazpacho Recipe - 09/30/2009
- Raspberry Turkey Salad - 12/12/2006