(Makes 2 servings)
Whether you’re brown bagging it, or making a quick lunch to enjoy at home, this tasty wrap will delight you and your family. Once they take a bite, they won’t even notice it’s chock full of good-for-you fruit, veggies, beans and brown rice!
- 1/2 cup fresh pineapple, grapes, cantaloupe,
- mango, peach OR nectarine, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped red pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 medium clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup canned black or other favorite bean, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup cooked brown rice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 large or 2 small honey wheat wraps
- 2 tablespoons shredded cheese (mozzarella, cheddar or the like)
- 1 large leaf romaine lettuce, chopped or torn
- Mix fruit, red pepper, cilantro, lemon juice, garlic, olive oil, beans and rice in small bowl.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Spread mix over 1 large or 2 small wraps; top with shredded cheese and lettuce.
- Roll. If using large wrap, cut in half.