Out of control, defeated, depressed… those of us who binge eat can easily identify with these feelings. Just the thought of being around certain foods can make us anxious, and we have trouble focusing on what matters most to us.
Binge eating disorder is the most common eating disorder, yet it often goes unrecognized by professionals and the public alike. Many women looking to control their weight are simply told to “stop eating so much.” This fails to recognize the emotions and feelings of helplessness behind the disorder. In their countless efforts to “stop eating so much,” many women fail and fail again. And feel like a “loser” in all ways but weight loss.
We’ve developed a different approach. We’ve spent the last four decades creating strategies to help women overcome binge eating disorder. Almost 40 years ago, Green Mountain pioneered the first program to help women learn how to stop binge eating and emotional eating and achieve healthy weights. We understand the triggers and the emotions behind binge eating. Here in our supportive environment, you can develop and practice healthy attitudes and behaviors about food, your body and yourself. This is the first step toward overcoming binge eating and adding balance to your life.
How To Stop Binge Eating
At Green Mountain, we’ll help you:
- Start to think differently about food and eating, to give up notions of good and bad foods that can trigger binge eating.
- Establish a regular eating pattern that keeps you from getting too hungry — one of the most common triggers for binge eating.
- Identify the reasons why you eat emotionally, and develop an extensive toolkit of binge-stopping techniques to use when difficult situations arise.
- Practice eating trigger foods in our safe environment, under the guidance of our caring, skilled professionals.
- Stop dieting for good - dieting is another of the most common triggers for binge eating and invites feelings of deprivation.
- Find joy in moving your body, so you can feel good and stay motivated to treat yourself well.
- Develop a support network of caring professionals and like-minded women, to sustain your changes when you when you return home.
Now is the time to learn how to stop binge eating. Transform your life at Green Mountain at Fox Run. We are so much more than a weight loss spa… we can help you feel good again.
Built on our powerful healthy weight & lifestyle program for women, our Binge Eating workshops run in concert with our regular program every week throughout the year.