After a long struggle with skipped periods, slow weight loss, and hair growing where you don’t want it, and falling out where you want it, you’ve finally been diagnosed with Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS).
Now you’re hearing phrases like ‘greater risk for diabetes,’ ‘increased androgen levels,’ ‘cardiovascular events.’
You probably were also told that living a healthy lifestyle (eating right, exercising, managing stress) is your best bet for successfully managing PCOS and losing weight. In other words, all the things you’ve been trying to do without success in the past.
We Help Women Make Healthy Lifestyle Changes That Matter
For decades, we’ve worked exclusively with women struggling with many of the same lifestyle changes that can make a big difference in your ability to live well with PCOS.
- Learn how to eat what you want while supporting your body nutritionally to better manage PCOS and achieve a healthy weight.
- Manage carbohydrate cravings, to move away from feelings of restriction and deprivation that cause you to overeat.
Become (& Stay) Active
- Understand why your body responds differently to exercise because you have PCOS, and how to optimize your physical activity to get the greatest benefit.
- Experience a wide variety of physical activities, from walking, hiking and snowshoeing to strength training and Zumba, to help you find what you enjoy, and learn recommended modifications for PCOS.
Manage Stress Effectively
- Find new ways to talk to yourself, to calm yourself in moments of stress and to boost your body image and self esteem.
- Practice living in the moment through mindfulness, to help you better appreciate and enjoy your life, rather than living with anxiety about your diagnosis.
This add-on package is specifically designed to address your individual challenges in living healthfully with PCOS. You’ll receive:
- Two additional educational classes
These are focused on specific nutrition considerations for women with PCOS.
- A one-on-one personal evaluation
We’ll review your self-assessment, Medical Symptoms Questionnaire and any lab results you provide. This information will be used during your classes and private nutrition consultation. and may also be used to determine if supplementation, medical foods, or a special meal plan is recommended.* If we determine you have more extenuating health issues, we can arrange an appointment with one of our consulting functional medicine physicians.*
- A 50-minute consultation with one of our registered dietitians.
This consult, typically done during your last week at Green Mountain, will help you prepare for making the transition home, with the goal of implementing the eating and lifestyle modifications important to managing your condition.
- A BioImpedance Analysis (BIA)
For those enrolling in a 3 or 4 week package, a BIA measurement will taken at the beginning and end of your stay. This clinical measurement tool is used to determine several parameters of health such as lean body mass, fat body mass, intracellular and extracellular fluids.
Healing Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome Package Rates*
1 or 2 week stay $495
3 or 4 week stay $595
*In addition to our regular program rates. Supplements,
medical foods, special meal plans, testing and any physician appointments are also additional.
Get the Help You Need
Join us at Green Mountain to learn how to manage PCOS. We can help you make healthy living something you want to do rather than feel you have to do.