Food and Nutrients Used in Therapeutic Healing
Our Normal Eating Restructuring™ Program already uses food and nutrients in a healing, therapeutic way to help you end the struggle with food and weight. If, after two weeks, you want to assess and explore your individual health needs more deeply, you can add on the Health with Food plan either during (or after) your stay.
For Women Who:
- Are unable to achieve and maintain a healthy weight even after following a healthy lifestyle using a mindful eating, mindful living approach.
- Struggle with food cravings that regularly derail your healthy eating efforts.
- Have gastrointestinal problems such as bloating, belching, gas, constipation or diarrhea.
- Are so tired, you can’t seem to stay physically active.
- Suffer from unexplained joint pain, arthritis or fibromyalgia.
- Sleep poorly, never seem to get a good night’s sleep to wake up rested and ready to live fully.
- Have thinning hair or rashy, flaky skin.
- Have elevated blood sugar, cholesterol or triglyceride levels.
- Take multiple prescription medicines to treat medical problems.
Week One — Nutrition Pre-Assessment
During your first week at Green Mountain you will assess your current health status with the assistance of our registered dietitians.
Week Two — Nutrition Post-Assessment
After two weeks of participation in our Normal Eating Restructuring™ program, a post assessment of your health status will be reviewed and recommendations made regarding participation in the Healing with Foods plan.
Week Three — Medical Review and Final Recommendations
- Individual Consultation with one of our functional nutritionists/ registered dietitians.
- Functional Medicine Evaluation and Comprehensive Treatment Plan by our consulting functional medicine physician.**
Includes review of records and any available medical notes or tests prior to first meeting, comprehensive history, review of medical symptom questionnaire, body composition analysis, physical exam and post-visit review of your case and any additional medical information brought to the physician’s attention at the time of the evaluation. Recommendations for testing will be made. Follow-up appointment is also included.
- Special Dietary Modifications as recommended by the physician.**
- Final Follow-Up Consult prior to departure, to review your customized care plan.
Healing with Food Rate — $340*
*In addition to our regular program rates. Includes all nutrition consultations and scheduling of physician appointment(s); physician fees are additional.
**If necessary, supplements, special meal plans, medical foods, testing, and travel to appointments are additional charges. Physician appointments and some testing may be covered by your insurance if you have Blue Cross, Blue Shield health insurance.