Experience how using food and nutrients in a healing, therapeutic way can help end eating, weight & health struggles
Most women participating in Green Mountain’s Normal Eating Restructuring™ program will very quickly experience how using food and nutrients in a healing, therapeutic way can help end eating, weight & health struggles. Some women, however, may find that after participating in the this program for two weeks, their individual needs warrant deeper exploration during (or after) their stay at Green Mountain. For these individuals we offer Green Mountain’s Healing with Foods program.
You can benefit from this program if you:
- Are unable to achieve and maintain a healthy weight even after following a healthy lifestyle using a mindful eating, mindful living approach.
- Struggle with food cravings that regularly derail your healthy eating efforts.
- Have gastrointestinal problems such as bloating, belching, gas, constipation or diarrhea.
- Are so tired, you can’t seem to stay physically active.
- Suffer from unexplained joint pain, arthritis or fibromyalgia.
- Sleep poorly, never seeming to get a good night’s sleep to wake up rested and ready to live fully.
- Have thinning hair or rashy, flaky skin.
- Have elevated blood sugar, cholesterol or triglyceride levels.
- Take multiple prescription medicines to treat medical problems.
Here’s How It Works
- During your first week at Green Mountain you will assess your current health status with the assistance of our registered dietitians.
- After two weeks of participation in our Normal Eating Restructuring™ program, a post assessment of your health status will be reviewed and recommendations made regarding participation in the Healing with Foods program.
- Beginning your third week at Green Mountain at Fox Run, if you choose to enroll in the Healing with Foods program, participation will involve:
- Individual consultation with one of our functional nutritionists/ registered dietitians.
- Functional medicine evaluation and development of a comprehensive treatment plan by our consulting functional medicine physician.** Includes review of records and any available medical notes or tests prior to first meeting, comprehensive history, review of medical symptom questionnaire, body composition analysis, physical exam and post-visit review of your case and any additional medical information brought to the physician’s attention at the time of the evaluation. Recommendations for testing will be made. Follow-up appointment is also included.
- Special dietary modifications as recommended by the physician.**
- Final follow-up consult prior to departure, to review your customized care plan.
Healing with Food Program Rate* — $340
*In addition to our regular program rates. Includes all nutrition consultations and scheduling of physician appointment(s); physician fees are additional.
**If necessary, supplements, special meal plans, medical foods, testing, and travel to appointments are additional charges. Physician appointments and some testing may be covered by your insurance if you have Blue Cross, Blue Shield health insurance.