As part of our core program at Green Mountain, we work with women to use the nutrients within food in a healing and therapeutic way to help end the struggle with food and weight.
We also work to heal the relationship with food, so that you optimize your body’s ability to benefit from healthy eating as well as your ability to live peacefully, eating what you like in a way that makes you feel well.
This core series — known as our Normal Eating Restructuring℠ Program — features a variety of educational and experiential activities in workshops aimed at bringing awareness to the physiological and psychological influences on food choices and eating behavior.
The series will explore:
- How eating healthful meals and snacks at regular intervals can help you select foods that you enjoy but also make you feel good.
- How body chemistry affects eating patterns.
- How to feed yourself well in workshops like Principles of Mindful Eating, Identifying Your Eating Style and Redefining Healthy Eating.
- How our past and present experiences impact our relationship with food in workshops such as, Exploring Your Hungers and Emotional/Binge Eating 101.
- Why mindfulness is a key component for healing our relationship with food.
How Foods Can Decrease Inflammation In The Body
Additionally, for those staying with us two weeks or more, we offer a Healing with Foods Lecture Series that focuses on how foods can decrease our body’s inflammatory response.
Too much inflammation in the body has been linked to:
- Chronic pain
- Immune system decline
- Joint issues
- Inflammatory bowel disease
- Poor sleep quality
Inflammation also affects age-related medical issues such as:
- Heart disease
- Hyperlipidemia (high blood cholesterol)
- Type 2 diabetes
- Age-related memory loss (Alzheimer’s disease)
In this series, you’ll have the opportunity to explore the foods that have been shown to decrease inflammation in the body.
The Healing with Foods Series Helps You:
- Create strategies to incorporate anti-inflammatory foods into an enjoyable eating plan.
- Learn how things we have control over – such as stress level, movement and how we eat – can create inflammation….or not, depending on how well they’re managed.
Many studies have shown that people who eat healing foods experience a decrease in pain and even a resolution of many of the issues listed above.
Develop Your Own Comprehensive Nutrition Treatment Plan
If at any point during your stay, you want to assess and explore your individual health and nutrition needs more deeply, our Registered Dietitian is available to work with you individually to produce your own Comprehensive Nutrition Treatment Plan. This customized plan will help counteract chronic inflammation that may be the root cause of what is keeping you from achieving optimal health.