10. It helps reduce risk of chronic diseases such as heart disease, cancer, osteoporosis and type 2 diabetes.
9. It helps relieve chronic pain, such as backache and arthritis.
8. It (especially weight training) makes everyday tasks, such as lifting a loaded suitcase, laundry basket or grocery bag, easier.
7. It increases blood flow to the brain, to help keep us mentally alert as we age.
6. It reduces stress (by lowering cortisol levels) and stress-related conditions such as high blood pressure.
5. It gives you energy, so you can do what you like, such as gardening or playing with your kids/grandkids.
4. It lifts your mood in just 10 minutes as endorphins kick in to help you feel better almost immediately.
3. It boosts your self-esteem and confidence…and improves your sex life!
2. It helps you sleep like a baby.
And #1…drum roll, please… It increases your overall quality of life and keeps you feeling young, so life continues to hold limitless opportunities!