Coleslaw Recipe for a Memorial Day Picnic or Anytime
It’s almost Memorial Day, which means it’s time to pack the picnic basket. Coleslaw is the quintessential American picnic salad. Here’s a recipe for a different version but one that everyone who tries it loves. And of course, it can be enjoyed year round. Try it in different ways, too — such as a topping for that proverbial Memorial Day burger. A great way to get your cruciferous vegetables on!
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2-3 small cloves garlic, finely minced (more or less according to taste)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 small head red cabbage, shredded (about 4 cups)
- Mix all ingredients, except cabbage.
- Once dressing is fully blended, toss in shredded cabbage.
Makes 4-6 servings
Receive Recipes By Email – Newsletter Signup