Zuchhini Feta Casserole
- 3 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ cup diced onion
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- 1 pound zucchini, sliced (about 4 cups)
- ¼ cup sliced fresh basil, packed
- ¾ teaspoon black pepper
- ¾ cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 cup diced tomato
- 3 eggs, beaten
- ½ cup feta cheese
- 2 cups cottage cheese
- 3 cups marinara sauce
- Pre-cook rice, set aside
- Pre-cook rice; set aside. Toast sesame seeds; set aside
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- In large oven-ready skillet, sauté onion in olive oil. Mix in remaining ingredients.
- Cover and bake in oven for approximately one hour or until mixture is set.
- Brown by removing cover in last 15 minutes of baking.
Learn More Nutrition and Eating Behaviors >>