Consider trying this Chicken Piccata recipe – one of the most popular chicken dishes we serve at Green Mountain at Fox Run. A simple healthy recipe and comfort food with flair. We use free range organic chicken breast cutlets, dredged in flour, browned, and served with a sauce of butter, lemon juice, capers, and either stock or white wine. Prep time is 20 minutes or less. Once you make this delicious dish, if will become part of your cooking repertoire.
- 1 pound chicken breast
- 1-2 tablespoons tapioca flour
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 each egg, whisked
- 1/2 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh garlic, chopped
- 2 teaspoons of lemon juice
- 1/2 tablespoon capers
- 1 tablespoon parsley, fresh
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 2 cups sliced button mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon of minced shallot
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch black pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut chicken into 4 ounce portions.
- Mix tapioca flour with onion powder, garlic powder and celery salt.
- Dip chicken in flour mixture, then egg, then back in flour mixture.
- Heat a saute pan over medium heat, once hot, add oil and sear the chicken, cooking for 1 minute on each side.
- Place chicken on sheet pan and finish cooking chicken in oven for 9 minutes at 400 F.
- While chicken is cooking, prepare sauce. Saute the garlic in 1 teaspoon of olive oil until golden brown, about 2 minutes.
- Add lemon juice, capers, white wine, and parsely.
- In a separate pan, with remaining teaspoon of olive oil, saute mushrooms on high heat. Once soft, add shallots, salt, and pepper.
- Spoon mushrooms over the chicken, then top with a spoonful of picatta sauce.
Our Food Philosophy and Healthy Weight Loss Menu >>