Befriending and understanding your MIND, HEART, SPIRIT /CREATIVE and BEHAVIOR is a holistic approach to make change happen, which we ascribe to at our healthy weight retreat.
By gathering information about your whole self you can be less judgmental about your body, more in charge of your food and begin to start living fully by rediscovering pleasure in your life.
Let’s explore ways to make a difference in yourself:
- Take charge of your thinking instead of your thinking being in charge of you with thought stopping or affirmations.
- Start relaxing your expectations of yourself and others so your aren’t driven by perfectionism. Practice doing it good enough.
- Retrain your brain by focusing on what is working rather than on what is not working.
Your HEART or feeling self
- Get to know your rebel. Healthy rebel behavior helps decrease sneaky eating.
- Counting your blessings or use a gratitude journal to shift mood.
- Let go of self bullying. Remember criticism is not a motivator.
- Identifying strengths and challenges. How is your eating trying to help you?
- Self-soothing techniques include rocking, drinking out of straw, putting yourself in water.
- Stress management that comes from deep breathing can help you shift your behavior in the moment.
- Connect with nature by watering the plant in your living room or taking a walk in the woods.
- Self-Compassion is being kind to yourself even when you feel hopeless about eating.
- Notice your laughter, what lights up your soul and do it some more.
At Green Mountain at Fox Run you can practice these skills, take them home, and experiment with new ways and small steps to think, feel and gather the millisecond building blocks of coming through for yourself. When you move your body in ways that feel good to your body, when you eat food that tastes good AND makes your body feel good and when you start responding to your thoughts and feelings and behavior instead of reacting, you can make a life that starts to work for you a little bit at a time.
Do you have a question about the Green Mountain way that I can answer?