Whether you need to eat gluten free or not, these tuna cakes are always a crowd pleaser at Green Mountain at Fox Run.
Feel free to deviate from this healthy lunch idea by adding your choice of diced celery, roasted red pepper, herbs, lemon or lime zest or even swapping oil and vinegar for the mayo. Get creative!
Gluten Free Tuna Cakes – 4 servings
- 12 ounces tuna, pouch or packed in water, drained
- 2 tablespoons finely diced red onion
- 1/4 cup grated carrots
- 2 teaspoons capers
- 1/3 cup light mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon parsley, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup plain cornflakes, crushed
- Prepare a small baking pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine all ingredients except a 1/2 cup of the crushed cornflakes.
- Cover and refrigerate about 30 minutes before forming into patties.
- Using 1/4 cup scoop, drop portions into reserved bread crumbs.
- Roll tuna mixture in the crushed cornflakes to lightly coat, then form into patties.
- Place patties onto prepared pan and spritz top with cooking spray.
- Bake for about 12 minutes.
Tuna is a popular menu item at our healthy weight loss retreat. Tuna provides omega 3 fatty-acids for cardiovascular health and may enhance mood, promotes eye health and cognitive health, and has cancer-preventing properties.
What are other ways do you enjoy tuna?