As always, I take requests for recipes you all would like to see posted here on A Weight Lifted. One popular menu item at Green Mountain at Fox Run that makes it easy to eat veggies for breakfast, is our vegetable frittata recipe. On our website we have a recipe for a frittata with potato, this version below doesn’t have any starch so it would pair nicely with toast and/or fruit as a carbohydrate source.
Vegetable Frittata – serves 6
- 1/4 teaspoon olive oil
- 3 Tablespoons of diced onion
- 1 1/2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 6 eggs
- 2 Tablespoons of grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 Tablespoons of shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 Tablespoon of chopped fresh basil
- 1 Tablespoon of Tabasco sauce (optional)
- ground black pepper, to taste
- packed 3/4 cup of raw spinach
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Sauté onions in mushrooms in oil, over medium heat, until soft.
- In separate bowl whisk eggs, then add cheese, basil, Tabasco, and pepper.
- Spray a small pan (8 by 8 or smaller) with cooking spray. Spread onion & mushroom mixture evenly in pan and top with raw spinach.
- Pour egg and cheese mixture over vegetables.
- Bake for about 12 to 15 minutes, or until set in the middle.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.