5 Flares 5 Flares ×
- 1/2 cup cornmeal or polenta
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons sliced scallions
- Combine the polenta and cold water and set aside.
- Combine the oregano and garlic with the remaining water and bring to a simmer.
- Whisk in the cold polenta and return to a simmer, stirring constantly.
- Once the polenta is creamy and cooked through, fold in the Parmesan and scallions.
- Pour out into a shallow dish and refrigerate until set.
- Cut into “fries” and set on a baking pan sprayed with cooking spray.
- Spray the tops of the fries as well and bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes.