I can now confess I have recently developed a new addiction, although it's one I think I am coming to terms with. It's called Twitter, a social networking site that has been a lot of fun over the holidays. If you're on Twitter, follow me at http://twitter.com/MarshaHudnall.
- Have fun & de-stress. It's obvious why this helps our health.
- Take care of oral hygiene. Seems poor oral hygiene can raise risk for heart attack.
- Start working crossword puzzles. Keeps the mind nimble.
- Indulge in a little red wine daily. The antioxidants therein provide some important health benefits. (Dr. Jim emphasizes 'a little.')
- Stop the cycle of snoring. Affects both your and your sleeping partner's sleep.
- Don't skip the seatbelt — ever. Ditto my comment on the first bullet.
- Check your ergonomics. Especially for those of us almost permanently attached to the computer.
So keep up those fitness and diet (healthy eating, that is, not weight loss diet) efforts, but when you feel like you're going around in circles with that, focus on the above for a little positive feedback in the form of success at these sometimes easier efforts. And listen to Dr. Jim's whole spiel about them for his complete take on the subject.