Make this soup and freeze it for easy storage, or give some to leaving relatives! An easy and delicious recipe for turkey soup. Turkey soup is a low fat favorite that's easy to prepare ahead of time and serve later. A great way to use leftover turkey breast!
- 6lb leftover turkey breast (at least 2 cups diced turkey)
- 2 medium onions
- 3 stalks of celery
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1/2 tsp rosemary
- 1/2 tsp sage
- 1 tsp basil
- 1/2 tsp marjoram
- 1/2 tsp tarragon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- pepper to taste
- 1/2 lb pastini or pasta of choice
- Place turkey breast in 6-quart dutch oven and cover with water until pan is approximately 3/4 full.
- Cut onions in large pieces, and slice celery. Add to soup pot.
- Bring to boil, then lower heat to medium low. Simmer turkey stock for 2 1/2 hours.
- Remove turkey carcass from soup and allow to cool. Devide turkey stock into smaller containers and cool in refridgerator.
- Skim fat from top of cooled turkey stock.
Remove turkey meat from carcass while soup stock is cooling. Dice tukey meat.
- Add diced turkey meat, herbs and spices to cooled turkey stock and return to heat.
- Bring turkey stock to boil and add pasta. Continue cooking on low boil for about 20 minutes or until pasta is tender.
Makes approximately 16 one-cup servings.
Posts That May Be Related