Kids love chicken nuggets (and many adults will confess that they do, too), so we’re sure that today’s healthy recipe will be a hit. Crunchy and tasty, and baked in the oven, these crispy chicken nuggets are a welcome part of a healthy eating dinner. Yum!
Makes 4 Servings
12 ounces skinless and boneless chicken breasts
1 egg, slightly beaten
1 tablespoon honey
1 teaspoon prepared mustard
2 cups cornflakes, crushed
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 450º.
2. Cut chicken into 1 inch chunks.
3. In a small bowl, using a fork, combine egg, honey and mustard.
4. In a medium sized bowl, add the crushed cornflakes and toss with the pepper.
5. Dip chicken pieces in egg mixture then roll in cornflakes until covered.
6. Place chicken on an ungreased baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes or until cooked through and no longer pink in the center.
Serve with your favorite lowfat dipping sauce with a healthy salad (optional)