0 Flares 0 Flares ×Get the grill out! Nothing beats the fresh taste and crunch of corn on the cob and grilling is a great way to prepare today’s healthy recipe. This summer forget the salt and sprinkle seasonings like garlic and basil to really wake up your taste buds. There won’t be a kernal left! Healthy eating tip: try a grilling other veggies in season like asparagus and broccoli.
Healthy Recipe: Grilled Sweet Summer Corn
- 1/2 Tbsp. blend of garlic and basil (to taste)
- 3 Tbsp. butter or margarine sprinkles
- 4 corn on the cob, husks on
- Preheat barbecue to medium high.
- Carefully peel back corn husks, but do not remove.
- Remove the silks and discard. Gently rinse corn. Shake dry.
- Sprinkle each corn cob with butter and seasonings. Do this step with the corn on its side, gently fold husks around the corn and tie with kitchen string.
- Grill the corn on the barbecue directly over medium heat 20 to 25 minutes.
- Turn the corn at least three times during the cooking process.
- Cook until tender.
- To serve, remove the string from corn. Peel back husks and enjoy.
Makes 4 servings
For more healthy recipes check out the other delicious recipes listed on this blog or visit Green Mountain Healthy Living Recipe Favorites.