Want to deliver a one-two knockout dish at lunch or dinner? Well, then – “just George it!” That’s the phrase to say when making a meal on George Foreman’s ‘lean, mean grilling machine,’ (but any grill will work).
Try it and you’ll see how George Foreman’s healthy recipes can make you a legend, too.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 large red onion, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 8 (8-inch) bamboo skewers
- In a large bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, oregano, salt, and pepper.
- Add the chicken and onion and turn to coat.
- Cover with plastic wrap and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes or up to 2 hours.
- Preheat the grill to high.
- Thread the chicken and onion onto the skewers, reserving the marinade in the bowl.
- Grill the skewers (in batches, if necessary, depending upon the size of your grill) for 2 minutes and then brush with the reserved marinade; discard any remaining marinade.
- Grill for about 2 minutes more, until the chicken has taken on grill marks and is cooked through. Serve immediately.
Makes 4 Servings
For more healthy recipes check out the other delicious recipes listed on this blog or visit Green Mountain Healthy Living Recipe Favorites.
Learn About Nutrition and Eating Behaviors >>