What a wonderful invention: the crockpot! You’ll love having this warm and satisfying beef stew waiting for you when you get home in the dark. And, if you’re a morning person (who might sooner reach for a microwave dinner than prepare one from scratch), you can enjoy home-cooked healthy eating more often.
(Makes about 4-6 servings)
- 1 pound lean stew beef
- 1 pound baby carrots
- 4 medium red potatoes, diced
- 4 stalks celery, diced
- 1 onion, peeled and diced
- 1 10.75-ounce can reduced-fat tomato soup
- 1 cup red wine or cooking wine
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 whole cloves
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen peas
Place all ingredients except peas in a slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours. Stir in peas. Remove bay leaf and cloves before serving.
For more healthy recipes check out the other delicious recipes listed on this blog or visit Green Mountain Healthy Living Recipe Favorites.