Easy Recipes to Feel Good is a monthly recipe post for our readers and past participants who recognize the payoff of eating foods that support us, but also have more on their schedule than cooking food.
Celebrate this July 4th in style with these healthy and delicious recipe favorites – great for parties, barbecues & grilling events!
Green Mountain Berry Fizz
– 1 tablespoon fresh ginger peeled and sliced
– 6 ripe raspberries
– ½ fresh lime
– Lime-infused club soda
– 10 fresh blueberries
– 1 ounce ginger or berry infused vodka (optional)
- Muddle the ginger, raspberries and lime juice.
- Add ice and club soda (and optional vodka) and stir in blueberries.
Farmer’s Orzo Pasta Salad
– 1 16 ounce box of orzo pasta
– 10 ounces goat cheese
– 2 cups snap peas, cut on the bias
– 1 cup cherry tomatoes
– ½ small red onion, diced
– 2 tablespoons fresh chopped tarragon (or 1 tablespoon dried)
(Combine all ingredients in small bowl and whisk)
– ¼ cup balsamic
– ⅛ cup honey
– 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
– 1 tablespoon minced garlic
– ½ cup olive oil
- Cook orzo as directed on package, strain and allow to cool.
- Place pasta ingredients except tarragon in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine all ingredients for vinaigrette and whisk.
- Add to pasta and mix.
- Sprinkle with tarragon.
Lemon Herb Grilled Chicken Marinade
– ⅛ cup lemon juice
– 2 cloves minced garlic
– ¼ cup canola oil
– 1 tablespoon chopped thyme
– ½ tablespoon Dijon mustard
– 1 tablespoon honey
– ½ teaspoon salt
– ½ teaspoon pepper
- In mixing bowl, combine all ingredients and whisk.
- Place chicken and marinade in closed container and mix to coat chicken.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Grill and serve with the orzo pasta salad above, and a salad of fresh greens.
Sign the Declaration of Independence From Dieting