Date: August 2014
The Director of Administration (DA) is a senior management position at Green Mountain at Fox Run. The DA oversees multiple departments that are administered by Green Mountain at Fox Run (GM). Under the direction of the Chief Executive Officer, the DA is responsible for the supervision of all GM business administration, the customer service experience, facility operations/housekeeping and personnel management, Human Resources functions. The DA will also provide assistance with coordination of program promotion and outreach as well as all necessary administrative tasks as needed.
The DA monitors the effectiveness of the customer experience, departmental financial viability, and facility cleanliness, comfort and maintenance, and develops systems and protocols to support the highest standard of excellence. Duties also include training, coaching and recruiting of new staff when necessary. Management acumen is necessary because the DA oversees the performance of others. The DA will plan, organize, staff, direct and evaluate performance and activities to meet goals.
Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Develops and manages service delivery systems which optimize efficiency, profitability and customer service.
- Manages an organized, smooth running administrative and operations support group, while ensuring proper workflow.
- Effectively forecasts the administrative and operational needs of the business in a timely fashion.
- Effectively manages registration and check-out protocols. Ensures reservations are booked to best maximize comfort, guest experience and profitability, and customer invoices are processed accurately and timely.
- Administers equipment purchase, rental and repair and accurately manages petty cash and office supplies. Accurately schedules office expenditures.
- Creates efficient financial tracking and reporting systems and identifies inconsistencies. Implements solutions that are time-sensitive & user-friendly.
- Manages payroll, accounts payable, and accounts receivable functions for the organization, under the direction of the Finance Director.
- Manages all Human Resources related activities and ensures compliance to all related state and federal laws.
- Ensures state, federal and local regulations that pertain to labor laws and safety standards are met. Prepares and submits all necessary reports.
- Maintains high quality of verbal and written communication, information and collateral delivered to both internal and external customers.
- Manages the total customer service experience. Develops and manages mechanisms, systems and tools to ensure that customer needs are met in the most efficient and high quality manner.
- Exhibits excellent client customer service skills and models behaviors to staff and team on a consistent basis.
- Handles client customer complaints and problems in a calm and judicious manner, always keeping in mind business and program objectives.
- Coaches and mentors Guest Services team by providing solution-oriented, trouble-shooting best practices, which enable them to function confidently and effectively in their roles.
- Recruits, trains and develops evening administration staff and continues to develop the Green Mountain Staff/Participant program.
- Effectively manages inventory, shrink and sales for all retail outlets. Creates and implements reporting tools and protocol to insure high margins, minimal shrink and maximum sales.
Facility Operations Management
- Effectively manages housekeeping, facilities maintenance and security personnel.
- Ensures high quality cleaning services throughout the facility and identifies building maintenance needs when they arise.
- Establishes and manages systems for periodically monitoring adequacy of room and facility cleanliness and safety.
- Analyzes maintenance needs and effectively determines priorities. Effectively plans and manages all large facility maintenance projects, repairs and renovations – managing for all seasonal contingencies.
- Provides clear guidance to facility maintenance personnel with helpful tools for timely execution of work.
- Develops yearly capital plan, addresses needs for renovation, major repairs and/or upgrades. Developed with multiple levels of staff utilizing historic expenditures, needs analyses and recommendations for effective allocation of resources.
- Ensures the workplace environment optimizes staff performance and efficiency.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintains focus on initiatives, goals and objectives.
- Recruits competent employees. Executes staff development and training.
- Implements and manages an organization-wide staff performance appraisal process.
- Meets budget requirements and ensures all departments are cost effective, meeting all financial obligations.
- Evaluates effectiveness of training & training programs and makes appropriate changes. Creates performance action plans and terminates employees when necessary.
- Provides consistent leadership and adherence to GM policies.
Required Education, Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or equivalent; Master’s degree preferred
- Minimum of three years of hospitality, hospital, or related management experience
- Demonstrated success in improving operational efficiencies
- Excellent oral, written and presentation communication skills
- Strong understanding of utilizing financial and operational data to improve performance
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Quickbooks
- Recognizes developing problems. Proactive and solution-oriented. Delegates appropriately
If you have an interest in this position please submit your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.