Position Title: Clinical Eating Disorder Therapist (Part Time)
The Green Mountain at Fox Run’s Women’s Center for Emotional and Binge Eating provides clinical services and case management support for clients who participate in the Green Mountain at Fox Run’s Women’s Center for Healthy Weight and Wellness (GM) in Ludlow, Vermont. This position supports the Green Mountain Treatment Model (GMTM) which includes evidence based clinical methods combined with the experience and passion of the Green Mountain (GM) philosophy used for over 41 years. The Clinical Eating Disorder Therapist (CEDT) focuses on meeting thresholds for clinical outcomes while creating a safe, positive healing experience for the client. The CEDT participates in the ongoing program development, quality initiatives and promotion, contributing to the financial goals of the organization.
Job Responsibilities and Duties:
- Collaborate with the Clinical Director on ongoing improvement of program development, client curriculum and program protocols.
- Participate in development and ongoing improvement of administrative systems, policies and procedures.
- Willingness to learn the GM philosophy, grow and invest in the mission and vision of the organization.
- Lead groups each week that target emotional eating and binge behavior and the strategies for healing.
- Act as a member of the clinical team, provide strategic interventions and participate in treatment planning and documentation for clients in daily and weekly settings, crossing over with the Green Mountain at Fox Run program staff regarding clients’ needs in the residential setting.
- Provide individual assessment and individual sessions weekly, providing written reports of assessments and standard documentation of individual sessions; provide referrals to participants for continued counseling; interface with participants’ therapists, as needed.
- Provide lectures other services for Green Mountain at Fox Run as a method of introduction and recruitment for GMFR clinical services as well as provide coverage for residential programs as needed.
- Provide clinical services or groups for outpatient clients from local and surrounding areas.
- Participate in on call support consultation outside of scheduled work hours if the need arises.
- Support GM alumnae and prospective clients by actively participating in webinars, videos and/or writing original content for email campaigns, Facebook, the blog, Twitter and all other company social media outlets. Provide educational and professional outreach locally when requested.
- Participate in GMTM training programs and when asked attend industry conferences and workshops that support our evidence based practices and promotion of our programs.
Required Education, Skills and Experience:
- Master’s Degree in Psychology, Mental Health Counseling or Social Work.
- Current VT state licensure or ability to acquire licensure.
- 5+ years of training and experience working with binge eating disorder and body image issues for women of all ages or have used the treatment methods used with this population such as CBT, DBT, Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction and Motivational Interviewing.
- Strong presentation and group facilitation skills in a classroom setting.